Tuesday 26 July 2011

Vintage Pin-up girl

I will start my Blog with my cake of the moment a 1950's pin-up girl. This cake was a 12" square vanilla sponge which I covered with a 'Nude' coloured icing.
The image was copied from a 1950's glamour magazine, and totally free-hand painted with edible paints.
I love creating something different and getting back to my Fine art roots, just give me some paint brushes and watch me create a picture. The lettering was taken from a Vintage poster and adapted, then hand painted with Midnight black dust/ rejuvenator fluid combo.
The cake was finished off with a string of Ivory sugar pearls, and an ivory & black satin ribbon with a bow to the side.
I love it and I hope you do too! 

1 comment:

  1. nice work sam...looking forward to seeing more of your art :) We're way over due for some cupcakes too!!

    ReplyDelete